Are you a writer looking for some guidance? Want to use all the great skills you learned at Storymakers, but need someone to help you figure out how? Apply for a Storymentorship!
Storymentors are active Storymakers Guild Members who have volunteered to give you guidance on your writing journey. Some things Storymentors might do include offering publishing advice, sharing marketing tips, reading and critiquing your work, or simply providing encouragement and accountability. Sound good? Here’s how to apply:
- Fill out our Storymentorship Application which includes a 250 word bio.
- Applications close on May 31st.
- Applications will be screened by the guild and forwarded to the Storymentors whose skills and expertise most match your interests and writing goals.
- By June 15th, if you are selected for mentorship, we will contact you and get you in touch with your Storymentor!
- Mentorships will last until the following Storymakers Conference. We ask our Storymentors to be in contact with you at least once a month, but the two of you can determine what amount of communication works best for you.
- We anticipate that there will be more writers requesting mentorships than we will have mentors available. If you’re not selected, please apply again next year!
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best in your writing endeavors! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Already a Guild Member? Become a Storymentor!
Did you ever feel lost and confused as a new writer on the road to publication? Now that you’ve made progress on your journey, would you like to have the opportunity to help someone else who is starting out? The Storymakers Guild has an exciting new opportunity for you. We’re looking for guild members to become Storymentors!
Here’s how it works:
- Storymentors fill out a short survey indicating their areas of expertise and their mentoring preferences.
- Writers who wish to be mentored will also fill out a survey and submit a 250 word bio.
- Applications for Storymentors and Storymentorships will close on May 31st.
- Applicants will be screened by the guild, and Storymentors will be forwarded the applications that most match their interests and experience by June 7th.
- By June 15th, Storymentors will choose a writer to mentor until the following year’s Storymakers Conference. We’ll put you in touch with your mentee, and you can get started!
We would like Storymentors to be in contact with their mentees at least once a month, but you can set the level of involvement you’re most comfortable with. Some things Storymentors might do include offering publishing advice, reading and critiquing, sharing marketing tips, or simply providing encouragement and accountability.
Besides giving newer writers a lift, we hope this program will help build more friendships in our writing community. We’re stronger when we all work together and lift each other.
Click here to fill out the Storymentors Survey
Thank you for being awesome!
If you have any questions, email email@example.com